Prepare The Garden For Spring – Winter is the perfect time for you to plan your gardening activities for spring. Prepare early so that when spring arrived you’ll be ready. Here are some tips on how to prepare your garden for spring:
Clear up your garden
Remove leaves, weeds, and other scattered litter from your garden. You have a good chance of spotting weeds during winter time, because most of the plants are resting or have died already. When removing weeds, make sure to pull them out by your hands and do not leave the roots behind, pull them out too. The weeds will just grow back when the roots are left behind. Trim the trees and shrubs do this before the weather warms up. The cold weather helps minimize the risks of infection by giving cuts time to heal.
Clean your greenhouse
Clean your greenhouse before spring arrives! Sweep out scattered litter on the floor. Disinfect the glasses, overwintering pests and diseases can survive in the smallest nooks and crannies. Wash the pots and trays before using them to avoid pests and diseases from infecting your plants. Make sure to ventilate your greenhouse too.
Remove garden pests
Check your garden for pests and diseases. Make sure to check the crowns of your plants for pests. You may find pests such as slugs, snails, and aphids that are sheltering for the winter. Hunt down pests to avoid diseases from spreading throughout your garden.
Clean and sharpen your gardening tools
Cleaning tools is also a way of preserving them and it will save your money. You do not have to buy new tools every now and then if you know how to take care of them. You can prevent disease from spreading by cleaning your tools. Dirty tools may introduce fungi or bacteria to fresh pruning plants.
Sharpen your tools also; it is easier to use sharp tools in cleaning your garden and pruning trees and shrubs.
Plan what to grow
Choose the crops that you want to grow in the next season. If you are planning to grow cabbage, celery, spinach, and lettuce, you can plant the seeds now so that young plants will be ready for planting in the next season. If you’re in a warmer area you may plant carrot, beetroot, and peas.
Winter is a good time to check your watering system. Make sure that you check the pipes for leaks. Make sure also that the nozzles are unblocked. If you are using automatic timers, check if the batteries are still working.
100 Best GARDENING HACKS AND IDEAS – Beginners to Experts
Incoming search terms:
- warm springs gardens apartments boise
- empress garden apartments spring valley ny 10977
- fairmount spring garden apartments
- front and spring garden apartments
- garden answer spring bulbs
- garden answer spring fertilizing
- garden apartments spring lake nj
- garden apartments spring valley
- garden at spring creek
- dresses for spring garden wedding
- clean up your garden for spring
- broad and spring garden apartments
- 19th and spring garden apartments
- 22nd and spring garden apartments
- 2nd and spring garden apartments
- 36th and spring garden apartments philadelphia
- address for spring garden apartments
- apartments for rent spring garden halifax
- apartments for rent spring garden road halifax
- apartments spring garden st greensboro nc